Two Weeks In

|
We have been traveling for a fortnight, so it is time to see what have been the highlights of the week and the trip so far:

Maisie: “The Sihe Hotel is very peaceful and I could read my book. There are also cats to play with. They are kittens and a mum and we sort of played around with them. I like River, she is one of the hotel assistants and she can speak really good English.”

Harry: “I liked going to acrobatics. There were thirteen people on one bike! A guy was like a monkey climbing up a stick and no one held it. Another guy got out some string and then rode on his head on a bicycle. I also liked the metal tuk tuk things because Maisie was screaming and mummy and daddy was really scared, but I wasn’t. They went on the pavement!”

Marcelle: “I liked visiting all the different areas of Beijing and looking at all the cool Beijingites. I was pleasantly surprised by the yummy food available and totally knocked out by the size of the place. I liked meeting Ariadna- meeting new people is one of the unexpected pleasures of travel!”

Matt: “I liked exploring somewhere new and leaving a place knowing I have to come back to explore it some more! My favourite part of week two was just taking in the atmosphere of the hutongs and getting lost down all the backstreets with their secret doors and red lanterns.”

Next week we hope to cover 850 km from Beijing to Sainshand and then 440 km to UB.

0 comments:

Post a Comment