Planning: Hanoi to Beijing

|


OK. The next leg of the journey takes us from Vietnam to China by rail. To research this was very easy, courtesy of the wonderful www.seat61.com. I discovered that there was a twice weekly sleeper every Tuesday and Friday which takes 44 hours to do the trip. However, it is apparently quite difficult to acquire the tickets in advance, and I didn't want to just arrive on the day to find the tickets sold out.

After another bit of internet trawling I came up with www.waytovietnam.com who will buy the train tickets for you and deliver them to your hotel. I have been dealing with the rather helpful Ms Huong Bui who provided me with bank transfer details in order to buy the tickets. They were $310 dollars a head and we have secured a four person sleeper cabin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment